Start writing here...
- Preheat oven to 450°F. Butter and lightly dust cocoa powder onto ramekins. Tap out excess powder and set the ramekins on a baking sheet.
- Create Raspberry filling: In a medium saucepan on medium heat, add the raspberry puree and 1/2 cup sugar and mix. Let it simmer until sauce thickens to a jam. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, beat the egg, 1/2 cup sugar and salt until thicken. Set aside.
- In a double boiler, over simmering water, melt the butter and chocolate, whisk until melted.
- Using a spatula, fold in the melted chocolate onto the egg mixture. Add and fold in the flour.
- Spoon 2/3 of the batter into the ramekins. Add a tablespoon of the raspberry filling in the center. Cover with remaining batter.
- Bake for 12 minutes until the side of the cake is firm and the centers are soft.
- Let it cool for 2 minutes and run a sharp knife around the edge of each cake to loosen. Invert the plate over top of the ramekin and turn it upside down and the cake will release from the ramekin.
- Sprinkle with icing sugar and enjoy!
About Jodi MacKinnon (QFG)
Qualifirst’s COO, Jodi loves cooking and baking, taking raw ingredients and turning them into something that is absolutely delicious, with just the right flavour balance, is one of her favourite pastimes.