Start writing here...
In half the time of making a pumpkin pie, you'll have a spectacular dessert with the same warm, spicy aroma and flavour of cinnamon, ginger and nutmeg and a sweet, crunchy oat crumble.
by Jodi MacKinnon (QFG)
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/4 cup condensed milk
- 2 tsp David's pumpkin pie spice
- 2 cups oats
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter (melted)
- 1 tsp David's pumpkin pie spice
- Whipped cream
- In a saucepan over medium heat, combine all the ingredients and cook until the mixture is hot. Remove from the heat and let cool.
- Preheat an oven to 350°F.
- Combine all the ingredients and pour onto a baking sheet in one layer. Bake for 15 minutes or until golden brown and fragrant. Cool on a rack.
- To assemble, put 2 tbsps of oat crumble in a mason jar or parfait glass and top with 2 tbsps of pumpkin pudding. Continue layering. Just before serving, garnish with whipped cream.
About Jodi MacKinnon (QFG)
Qualifirst’s COO, Jodi loves cooking and baking, taking raw ingredients and turning them into something that is absolutely delicious, with just the right flavour balance, is one of her favourite pastimes.