Start writing here...
Porchetta and Asparagus Freekeh RisottoMarch 20, 2017 by Jodi MacKinnon (QFG) Leave a Comment
Prep Time15 mins
Cook Time30 mins
Total Time45 mins
Freekeh—pronounced free-kah—is wheat harvested when young and green. It has a firm, chewy texture and a distinctly earthy, nutty and slightly smoky flavour that's perfect in this risotto.
- Melt 2 Tbsp butter in a saucepan over medium heat. When hot, add the shallot and cook until soft and translucent.
- Add freekeh and garlic and cook a few minutes longer to bring out the grains nutty flavour.
- Add white wine, cook for a few seconds and then add the stock.
- Reduce the heat to medium-low and simmer 15 to 20 minutes, adding small amounts of water if needed.
- Five minutes before the freekeh risotto is finished, add the porchetta, asparagus, lemon juice, 2 Tbsp butter, and most of the lemon zest and parmesan.
- Garnish with parmesan and lemon zest and serve.