Start writing here...
Pizzelle RecipeNovember 12, 2018 by Jodi MacKinnon (QFG) Leave a Comment
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time15 mins
Total Time25 mins
A crisp, light anise flavoured wafer cookie that is a delicious garnish for ice cream or enjoyed on its own with an afternoon espresso. An easy and delicious pizzelle recipe that will surely become a favourite.
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter , melted
- 1 tsp anise extract
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- In a stand mixer, beat eggs and sugar until thick and light yellow. Blend in the melted butter and anise extract.
- Sift together the flour and baking powder, and add it to the batter. Mix just until combined.
- Heat pizzelle iron and when hot, drop 1 tbsp of the batter on the iron. Cook on each side for 30 seconds, or until lightly golden.
- Cool and store in an air-tight container.