Start writing here...
A crisp, light anise flavoured wafer cookie that is a delicious garnish for ice cream or enjoyed on its own with an afternoon espresso. An easy and delicious pizzelle recipe that will surely become a favourite.
by Jodi MacKinnon (QFG)
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter (melted)
- 1 tsp anise extract
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- In a stand mixer, beat eggs and sugar until thick and light yellow. Blend in the melted butter and anise extract.
- Sift together the flour and baking powder, and add it to the batter. Mix just until combined.
- Heat pizzelle iron and when hot, drop 1 tbsp of the batter on the iron. Cook on each side for 30 seconds, or until lightly golden.
- Cool and store in an air-tight container.
About Jodi MacKinnon (QFG)
Qualifirst’s COO, Jodi loves cooking and baking, taking raw ingredients and turning them into something that is absolutely delicious, with just the right flavour balance, is one of her favourite pastimes.