Start writing here...
Persian Love Cakes FinancierMarch 14, 2022 by Jodi MacKinnon (QFG) Leave a Comment
Prep Time20 mins
Cook Time30 mins
Total Time50 mins
Cuisine: Middle Eastern
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a food processor, add almond, brown sugar, buckwheat flour, salt and butter. Pulse until the mixture resembles to bread crumbs.
- Transfer 2/3 of the mixture to a bowl and add the yogurt, mahleb powder, nutmeg and eggs. Mix until well combined and set aside.
- In a prepared greased financier molds or muffin tin, add 1 - 2 teaspoon of the remaining crumbs and press into the base of the molds.
- Fill each mold with the yogurt mixture to the top.
- Bake for 30 - 35 minutes or until the cakes are golden brown. Stick a toothpick in the center if its ready, toothpick should come out almost dry. Remove from the oven and let it cool.
- Serve with mascarpone on top and sprinkle with pistachios.