Start writing here...
Maleb Sugar CookiesMarch 14, 2022 by Jodi MacKinnon (QFG) Leave a Comment
Prep Time20 mins
Cook Time10 mins
Total Time30 mins
Cuisine: Middle Eastern
- 2 tsp Mahleb Powder
- 1 cup Ground Almonds
- 2 1/4 cups All Purpose Flour
- 1/2 tsp Almond Extract
- 3/4 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 1/4 cup White Sugar
- 3/4 tsp Salt
- 1 cup Butter , soften
- 1 1/2 tsp Vanilla
- 1 Egg
- 3 cups Icing Sugar
- 1/4 tsp Almond Extract
- 1 cup Butter
- 1 tbsp Milk
- Rose Petals Course , for decorating
- Freeze Dried Raspberries , for decorating
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- In a large bowl, combine, flour, almond flour, baking powder, salt and mahleb powder. Mix and set aside.
- In a separate bowl, cream together, butter and sugar until pale and fluffy using a hand held electric mixer. Add egg, vanilla and almond extract. Beat to combine.
- Add the dry ingredients and wet ingredients together and mix until well combine and forms into a dough.
- Lightly dust a work surface with flour. Roll out dough to 1/4 inch thickness. Cut into shapes with any cookie cutter. Place cookies 1 inch apart on prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until edges begin to brown. Let it cool and set aside.
- To create the frosting, beat together, butter, icing sugar, milk and almond extract.
- Cover cookies with the frosting and decorate with rose petals or crushed freeze dried fruits.