Start writing here...
- In a bowl, add dried mushrooms and hot water and hydrate to softened. Drain and set aside.
- In a pot, cook pasta until al dente. Drain and set aside.
- In a large pan on medium heat, saute onions and garlic in olive oil until translucent.
- Add carrots and mushrooms and cook until carrots softened.
- Add cooked lentils, tomatoes and mediterranean rub. Stir and simmer for 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Add in the pasta and toss into the sauce until well combined.
- Serve and enjoy!
How to cook lentils: In a pot on medium heat, add 4 cups of liquid such as water or stock to 1 cup of dry lentils. Bring to a boil and reduce heat and simmer until tender, approximately 20 - 30 minutes.
About Jodi MacKinnon (QFG)
Qualifirst’s COO, Jodi loves cooking and baking, taking raw ingredients and turning them into something that is absolutely delicious, with just the right flavour balance, is one of her favourite pastimes.