Start writing here...
Lemon, Turmeric and Ginger Knight Rice RecipeApril 02, 2017 by Jodi MacKinnon (QFG) Leave a Comment
Prep Time15 mins
Cook Time40 mins
Total Time55 mins
Knight rice is black when raw and turns purple cooked, creating a stunning presentation. It has a slightly sticky, chewy texture and an appealing nutty flavour that is delicious with Indian spices.
- Rinse the rice under cold water until there’s no starch running out of it and the water is clear.
- Put the rice and water in a pot and bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce the heat to medium-low, cover the pot, and steam for 35 minutes or until the liquid is absorbed. Remove from the heat and let stand for 10 minutes, covered.
- Heat oil in a non-stick pan over medium-high heat. When hot, add the onion, ginger, garlic, 2 tsp turmeric and cook until the onions are soft. Add the knight rice and combine.
- Add the kale, lemon juice, half of the zest, the remaining turmeric and cook until hot.
- Garnish with the remaining lemon zest and serve.