Start writing here...
- 4 lbs Pork Butt Roast (cubed)
- 2 cups Broth or Water
- 2 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 3 tbsp David's Pulled Pork Spice
- 1/2 cup Ketchup
- 1/2 cup Brown Sugar
- 1/4 cup Red Onion (diced)
- 200 g Cheddar Cheese (shredded)
- 20 g Jalapeño (sliced)
- 30 g Corn nibs
- 30 g Tomato (diced)
- 1 bag Tortilla Chips
- 1 tbsp David's Nacho Dip Mix
- 1/2 cup Sour Cream
- 1/2 cup Heavy Cream
- 1/2 cup Cheddar Cheese (Shredded)
Add olive oil to the Instant Pot and set to Saute. Once hot, add pork and saute each side until brown. Remove and set aside.
- Turn the instant pot off.
- Pour the broth or water in the instant pot. Using a wooden spoon, deglaze the bottom of the pot.
- Add the ketchup, brown sugar and pulled pork spice into the liquid and stir. Place pork with the liquid mixture in the Instant Pot.
- Close the lid and set to sealing.
- Cook on manual high pressure for 40 minutes. Once the cooking time is up, allow the pressure to release naturally for 10 minutes, then do a quick release.
- Turn the instant pot to Saute and let the remaining liquid thicken for a tasty BBQ Sauce.
- Preheat oven to 400°F
- In a cast iron skillet or baking pan, assemble nachos layer by layer. Tortilla chips, pulled pork, red onions, tomato, corn, shredded cheese.
- Bake for 8 - 10 minutes until cheese is melted.
- Remove from oven and drizzle with the Pulled Pork sauce and sprinkle with Jalapeños.
- To create the Nacho Dip Sauce: in a saucepan on medium heat, combine sour cream, heavy cream, shredded cheese and David's Nacho Dip Mix. Stir until thicken.
- Serve nachos with the Nacho Dip Sauce and your choice of salsa, sour cream and guacamole.
About Jodi MacKinnon (QFG)
Qualifirst’s COO, Jodi loves cooking and baking, taking raw ingredients and turning them into something that is absolutely delicious, with just the right flavour balance, is one of her favourite pastimes.