Start writing here...
Instant Pot Pulled Pork NachosJune 02, 2021 by Jodi MacKinnon (QFG) Leave a Comment
- 4 lbs Pork Butt Roast , cubed
- 2 cups Broth or Water
- 2 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 3 tbsp David's Pulled Pork Spice
- 1/2 cup Ketchup
- 1/2 cup Brown Sugar
- 1/4 cup Red Onion , diced
- 200 g Cheddar Cheese , shredded
- 20 g Jalapeño , sliced
- 30 g Corn nibs
- 30 g Tomato , diced
- 1 bag Tortilla Chips
- 1 tbsp David's Nacho Dip Mix
- 1/2 cup Sour Cream
- 1/2 cup Heavy Cream
- 1/2 cup Cheddar Cheese , Shredded
Add olive oil to the Instant Pot and set to Saute. Once hot, add pork and saute each side until brown. Remove and set aside.
- Turn the instant pot off.
- Pour the broth or water in the instant pot. Using a wooden spoon, deglaze the bottom of the pot.
- Add the ketchup, brown sugar and pulled pork spice into the liquid and stir. Place pork with the liquid mixture in the Instant Pot.
- Close the lid and set to sealing.
- Cook on manual high pressure for 40 minutes. Once the cooking time is up, allow the pressure to release naturally for 10 minutes, then do a quick release.
- Turn the instant pot to Saute and let the remaining liquid thicken for a tasty BBQ Sauce.
- Preheat oven to 400°F
- In a cast iron skillet or baking pan, assemble nachos layer by layer. Tortilla chips, pulled pork, red onions, tomato, corn, shredded cheese.
- Bake for 8 - 10 minutes until cheese is melted.
- Remove from oven and drizzle with the Pulled Pork sauce and sprinkle with Jalapeños.
- To create the Nacho Dip Sauce: in a saucepan on medium heat, combine sour cream, heavy cream, shredded cheese and David's Nacho Dip Mix. Stir until thicken.
- Serve nachos with the Nacho Dip Sauce and your choice of salsa, sour cream and guacamole.