Start writing here...
Fennel-Lavender Knight Rice Recipe
Fennel seed and lavender are aromatic additions to this gorgeous rice. Knight rice is sometimes called purple rice for the colour it turns after cooking.
by Jodi MacKinnon (QFG)
- Rinse the Knight rice under cold water until there’s no starch running out of it and the water is clear.
- Put the rice and water in a pot and bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce the heat to medium-low, cover the pot, and steam for 35 minutes or until the liquid is absorbed. Remove from the heat and let stand for 10 minutes, covered.
- Heat oil in a non-stick pan over medium-high heat. When hot, add the onion and mushrooms and cook until they begin to caramelise.
- Grind the fennel seed and lavender together in a spice grinder. Add it to the onions and mushrooms and toss with the rice.
- Garnish with green onion and serve.
About Jodi MacKinnon (QFG)
Qualifirst’s COO, Jodi loves cooking and baking, taking raw ingredients and turning them into something that is absolutely delicious, with just the right flavour balance, is one of her favourite pastimes.