Start writing here...
Crockpot Hoisin ChickenOctober 05, 2014 by Jodi MacKinnon (QFG) Leave a Comment
Prep Time30 mins
Cook Time4 hrs
Total Time4 hrs 30 mins
Big on flavour, this make-ahead meal is perfect for a busy weeknight. Just add steamed rice, a vegetable and dinner is served.
- 1/4 cup grape seed oil
- 2-1/4 lbs boneless,skinless chicken thighs
- 1/3 cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 1/3 cup hoisin sauce
- 1/3 cup chicken stock
- 2 Tbsp acacia honey
- 1/2 tsp sambal oelek
- 2 Tbsp fresh ginger root , finely chopped
- 4 garlic cloves , chopped
- 1 Tbsp cornstarch
- 2 Tbsp water
- 1 bunch green onions , trimmed and sliced
- Heat some of the oil in a large sauté pan over medium-high heat. When hot, add the chicken thighs and brown on each side.
- In a crockpot, combine the soy sauce, hoisin sauce, chicken stock, honey, sambal oelek, ginger and Turn the crockpot on high to begin heating.
- Combine the cornstarch and water and stir into the crockpot.
- Add the browned chicken to the crockpot and cook on high for 3 to 4 hours or until it is tender enough to shred.
- Using two forks, shred the chicken in the crockpot.
- Garnish with green onions and serve.