Start writing here...
Coconut and Knight Rice Pudding
When cooked, knight rice has a chocolate-like flavour. Ultrasperse 3 thickens and gives the pudding a velvety texture.
by Jodi MacKinnon (QFG)
- 1 cup knight rice (rinsed)
- 4 cups 2% milk
- 2 cups coconut milk
- 1 cup agave nectar
- 1 tsp vanilla paste
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 tsp Ultrasperse 3
- 1 cup organic mission black figs (chopped)
- 1 cup slivered almond
- 1 tbsp unsalted butter
- In a heavy pot combine the rice, milk, coconut milk, agave, vanilla, and cinnamon stick. Bring to a boil and reduce the heat to a simmer. Cover and cook, stirring occasionally, until the rice is tender, approximately 60 minutes.
- Stir in the ultrasperse 3, figs, and almonds and continue cooking until the pudding has thickened. Stir in the butter.
- Serve warm garnished with figs and slivered almonds.
About Jodi MacKinnon (QFG)
Qualifirst’s COO, Jodi loves cooking and baking, taking raw ingredients and turning them into something that is absolutely delicious, with just the right flavour balance, is one of her favourite pastimes.