Start writing here...
Chocolate Souffle with Bourbon Vanilla Bean Ice CreamNovember 13, 2013 by Jodi MacKinnon (QFG) Leave a Comment
Prep Time15 mins
Cook Time10 mins
Total Time25 mins
No need to fear a falling soufflé because this easy, foolproof recipe will make you feel like a chef. An elegant chocolate dessert for special occasions.
- Preheat an oven to 425ºF.
- Prepare soufflé cups by brushing with 2 Tbsp melted butter and coating with 2 Tbsp white sugar, shaking out any excess.
- Melt the chocolate and remaining 2 Tbsp of butter in a double boiler. Remove from the heat.
- Put egg whites in a Kitchen Aid and beat at high speed until they start to thicken. Add the remaining 2 Tbsp of sugar and beat until the whites hold peaks.
- Add the egg yolks to the melted chocolate and mix until just combined.
- Fold in half the whites, leaving streaks. Add the remaining whites and fold until combined.
- Fill the prepared cups and level the top. Using a finger, create a shallow moat around the rim.
- Put on a tray and into the oven. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until risen.
- Serve immediately with a scoop of ice cream.