Start writing here...
Carrot and Coriander Jade Rice RecipeApril 02, 2017 by Jodi MacKinnon (QFG) Leave a Comment
Prep Time15 mins
Cook Time40 mins
Total Time55 mins
A short grain rice dyed green with bamboo juice that has a mild green tea taste and aroma. The flavour of fresh herbs in this dish is perfect with roast chicken or skewers of grilled shrimp.
Course: Side Dish
- Rinse the Jade rice under cold water until there’s no starch running out of it and the water is clear.
- Heat the oil in a pot over medium-high heat. When hot add the onions and cook until soft and translucent.
- Stir in the rice, add the water and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to medium-low, cover the pot, and steam for 20 minutes or until the liquid is absorbed. Remove from the heat and let stand for 10 minutes, covered.
- Toss the rice with carrot, coriander powder, and half of the basil.
- Garnish with the remaining basil and serve.