Start writing here...
Buttery Maple-Pecan Granola
It's time to ditch store-bought granola for this sweet, salty, buttery, nutty granola perfection.
by Jodi MacKinnon (QFG)
- 5 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup coconut ribbons
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 1/2 cup pecan halves (chopped)
- 1/3 cup plain roasted sunflower seeds
- 1/3 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup maple sugar
- 1/3 cup unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup acacia honey
- 1/4 cup chestnut honey
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp maple flavour
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- Preheat oven to 275°F. Line several baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Combine oats, coconut, almonds, pecans, sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, and cinnamon.
- In a saucepan combine the maple sugar, butter, acacia honey, chestnut honey, and coconut oil. Cook over medium heat until the butter has melted and it's hot.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the vanilla and maple flavour.
- Combine with the dry ingredients and kosher salt.
- Spread in an even layer on the prepared baking sheets.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until light golden.
- Cool and store in an air-tight container for up to 2 weeks.
Create a custom granola blend by substituting your favourite nuts and seeds and adding dried fruit.
About Jodi MacKinnon (QFG)
Qualifirst’s COO, Jodi loves cooking and baking, taking raw ingredients and turning them into something that is absolutely delicious, with just the right flavour balance, is one of her favourite pastimes.