Buttermilk Powder 1 kg Royal Command
Indispensable to any baker, Buttermilk Powder is a soft white powder with the tang of fresh buttermilk and is used to add moisture, flavour and tenderness to baked goods. It is convenient to use, does not require refrigeration and is high in protein. Excellent in dry pancake, waffle, biscuit and muffin mixes. Its creamy tang is delicious added to dips for vegetables and dressings for salad. It is superb in a coating mix for fried chicken and can add extra tang to cream cheese frosting for carrot cake.
How to Use:
Add 1cup of room temperature water with four tablespoons of buttermilk powder
Blend together using with whisk until powder is dissolved
Add an additional 1cup of water and stir
Note: Reconstituted buttermilk should be handled the same manner as fresh buttermilk
- WHAT IS IT? – Buttermilk powder is simply dehydrated buttermilk. The process of dehydrating buttermilk allows the milk to be stored for a much longer time, but retains the same flavors as fresh liquid buttermilk.
- EASY TO REHYDRATE – You can use powdered buttermilk in its powder form by mixing it into dry ingredients for baked goods, if you like rehydrate it first. Add ½ cup of water to every 1 tablespoon of buttermilk powder, stirring to fully incorporate the powder. Let the mixture rest for a couple of minutes before using.
- USES – Buttermilk powder is most commonly used for baked goods such as biscuits or cakes, but it is also used for sauces, dips and soups. Buttermilk powder will produce the same texture, taste and creaminess in baked goods as cultured buttermilk.
- SHELF STABLE – Powdered buttermilk lasts for much longer than the liquid, making it great for those who need buttermilk only on occasion. Store the powdered buttermilk in a sealed bag or airtight container in a cool, dry location.
- FRIED CHICKEN – If you like fried Chicken, then you should be using buttermilk. Using buttermilk when making fried chicken adds a blast of flavor and tenderness to the meat. Simply rehydrate the buttermilk powder and combine with your choice of spices, and marinate your chicken in it. Remove the chicken and coat with flour before frying.
Recommended for you in Stabilizers
Once the user has seen at least one product this snippet will be visible.
GET WHOLESALE PRICING
You deserve a gourmet food supplier that brings you innovative new ingredients from across the globe. Ingredients that create great food exeriences, make you a destination, and increase your sales. As an importer and distributor we have access to leading edge, one-of-a-kind ingredients at the best prices.