Curing Salt (Prague Powder) Pink 1 kg Texturestar
It's pink to make sure we don't use it as regular table salt and blends better with meat. Pink Curing Salt is used as a preservative when making charcuterie to slow bacterial and fungal growth and to preserve a good natural pink colour. It is sold under several names including Prague powder #1. Pink Curing Salt is excellent for use when making sausages, brining meats such as ham or turkey, or when smoking meats such as bacon or pastrami. A blend of salt and 6.25% sodium nitrite. Use 4 oz. to 100 lb. of meat to impart 156 ppm sodium nitrite. Can not be used as a substitute for table salt or sea salt
Salt, 6.25% sodium nitrite, FD & C Red #3.
- PERFECT FOR CURING – Pink curing salt is used as a preservative when making charcuterie, and is a critical part in meat curing and the sausage making process.
- PRESERVES NATURAL PINK COLOR – Pink curing salt will slow bacterial and fungal growth and preserve the meat’s natural pink color, keeping it appetizing while preventing any risk of food poisoning.
- TYPES OF MEATS – With this curing salt, you have a plethora of options as to what type of meat you could cure. They range from sausages, brining meats such as ham or turkey, smoking meats such as bacon or pastrami, fish, jerky and corned beef.
- PROPER DOSING – Nitrites are toxic in high amounts, so to ensure food safety you must use the proper amount - 1oz of the curing salt per 25lbs of meat.
- GREAT VALUE – At 1oz of pink salt per 25lbs of meat, with a 1Kg bag (about 35oz) you get more than 875lbs of meat worth of curing salt. Save big by curing your own meat at home!
USAGE: Use 4 oz. to 100 lb. of meat to impart 156 ppm sodium nitrite.
WARNING: Can not be used as a substitute for table salt. Keep away from children.