Farro Grain Whole 1 kg Epigrain
A versatile ancient grain packed with nutrition and flavour. Whole Grain Farro is the berries of some of the first wheat strains known to man including spelt, emmer, or einkorn and looks like short grain rice with a burnished mahogany appearance and a distinct, nutty flavour and chewiness. A grain synonymous with Italian cooking, it's used to make the minestrone-like, Zuppa di Farro, and lentil and farro pilaf. Toss in a salad with roasted root or grilled vegetables, use in place of barley or rice in soups, or serve as a hot breakfast cereal with fresh berries and ricotta cheese.
Farro (whole emmer seed)
- STEP UP YOUR GRAINS – Expand the variety of grains you eat by trying this widely forgotten ancient food, which has been nicknamed “Pharaoh’s wheat” due to its egyptian origins before it came to Italy. Not only is farro making a comeback for its great taste, it’s also more nutrient packed than most other grains.
- PREMIUM QUALITY – Epigrain is dedicated to supplying only the best quality ingredients, and their passion for healthful grains and legumes is evident in the wholesome flavour and texture of all of their products. This farro only has 1 ingredient: farro. You can be sure that nothing else has been added and that you have the purest, highest quality product possible.
- A HEALTHY CHOICE – Farro grains are extremely high in fibre, iron, zinc, magnesium, vitamin B and protein. It’s also sure to fill you up , since it’s an unprocessed grain; this means it has an intact bran and germ, the parts of the grain that provide nutrients, protein and fiber, which winds up swelling up in your digestive tract, keeping you satisfied for longer than refined grains. As an unprocessed grain, it is also high in antioxidants.
- HIGH VERSATILITY – Farro grain is extremely versatile and can be utilized in myriad recipes. For instance, you can add it in any pureed vegetable soup, stir-fry it with eggs and veggies, toss it in salad, serve it as a hot breakfast cereal with fresh berries and ricotta cheese… the possibilities are almost endless.
- ALTERNATIVE DIET COMPATIBILITY – Farro grain is natural food that is 100% vegan and vegetarian friendly, and its high level of nutrients make it all the more suited for a balanced diet of that sort. And while farro grain does contain gluten, it contains lower levels than today’s wheat, and if prepared properly, the gluten is pre-digested and broken down by sprouting and fermentation like a sourdough process. This makes it much more tolerable with anyone sensitive to gluten.
Suggested For You
Suggested products will appear in this section.
Once the user has seen at least one product this snippet will be visible.
GET WHOLESALE PRICING
You deserve a gourmet food supplier that brings you innovative new ingredients from across the globe. Ingredients that create great food exeriences, make you a destination, and increase your sales. As an importer and distributor we have access to leading edge, one-of-a-kind ingredients at the best prices.