Gum Xanthan 8 oz Texturestar
An important additive used in applications from food manufacturing, modernist cuisine, and gluten-free baking. Xanthan gum is a light beige, talcum-like powder made from simple fermented sugars that won't alter the taste or colour of food. It's soluble in hot and cold water and is heat and pH stable. In food manufacturing, it's used to emulsify salad dressing, so herbs and spices remain suspended, and to thicken products containing vinegar or alcohol. In modernist cuisine, it's used in the process of spherification, and in gluten-free baking, it gives bread and baked goods structure.
- ONE QUALITY INGREDIENT – Our xanthan gum only has one ingredient: xanthan gum. This makes it so that you can be confident that there are no preservatives or extra ingredients that you didn’t sign up for. Vegan and vegetarian friendly.
- EFFECTIVE EMULSIFYING AGENT – Xanthan gum is one of the best emulsifying agents, and is great at helping oil and water stay together in food. This makes it particularly useful for making salad dressings, gravies, nut butters and spreads.
- ESSENTIAL GLUTEN-FREE INGREDIENT – Xanthan gum is essential for gluten-free baking, as it gives breads and baked goods a solid structure and helps them retain more moisture than they would otherwhise. Our xanthan gum is verified gluten-free.
- PLETHORA OF OTHER USAGES – Xanthan gum is great for thickening liquid to turn them into delicious sauces, creating light foams and froths, and helps batter cling more easily to foods (like tempura). The limits end only with your imagination!
- STABLE AGENT – Xanthan gum is a very stable agent that is soluble in both hot and cold water, is pH stable and isn’t broken down by the microwave.