Start writing here...
Coconut Jade Rice Recipe
A beautiful and aromatic combination of fresh coconut, Indian spices and Jade rice make this a special side dish. Serve with tandoori chicken or grilled fish.
by Jodi MacKinnon (QFG)
- Rinse the Jade rice under cold water until there’s no starch running out of it and the water is clear.
- Put the rice and water into a pot and bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce the heat to medium-low, cover the pot, and steam for 20 minutes or until the liquid is absorbed. Remove from the heat and let stand for 10 minutes, covered.
- Heat the oil in a non-stick pan over medium-high heat. When hot add the chilli, mustard seed, cumin seed, fenugreek, cashews and curry leaves and cook until the cashews are toasted.
- Add most of the coconut, cook for 5 minutes and then add the rice, cooking until it's hot.
- Garnish with the remaining coconut and serve.
About Jodi MacKinnon (QFG)
Qualifirst’s COO, Jodi loves cooking and baking, taking raw ingredients and turning them into something that is absolutely delicious, with just the right flavour balance, is one of her favourite pastimes.