Start writing here...
Coconut Jade Rice Recipeavril 02, 2017 by Jodi MacKinnon (QFG) Leave a Comment
Prep Time15 mins
Cook Time40 mins
Total Time55 mins
A beautiful and aromatic combination of fresh coconut, Indian spices and Jade rice make this a special side dish. Serve with tandoori chicken or grilled fish.
- Rinse the Jade rice under cold water until there’s no starch running out of it and the water is clear.
- Put the rice and water into a pot and bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce the heat to medium-low, cover the pot, and steam for 20 minutes or until the liquid is absorbed. Remove from the heat and let stand for 10 minutes, covered.
- Heat the oil in a non-stick pan over medium-high heat. When hot add the chilli, mustard seed, cumin seed, fenugreek, cashews and curry leaves and cook until the cashews are toasted.
- Add most of the coconut, cook for 5 minutes and then add the rice, cooking until it's hot.
- Garnish with the remaining coconut and serve.