Start writing here...
David’s Baba Ghanoush
The cumin, thyme and lemony sumac in David’s Za’atar Rub give this dip authentic Arabic flavour. It's easy to make in the oven or on the grill and is a delicious snack served with toasted pita chips.
by Ray Martin (QFG)
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time10 mins
Total Time20 mins
- Servings: 1 1/2 Cups
- Calories: 0
- Preheat oven to 400 F°.
- Slice eggplant into 1/4-inch thick rounds. Sprinkle lightly with sea salt and place in a colander for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Arrange eggplant on a baking sheet and drizzle with David’s Ultimate EV Olive Oil.
- Roast for 5 to 10 minutes, turning once. When done the eggplant will be soft and golden.
Remove from the oven and cool for 5 minutes.
- Peel most of the skin from the eggplant and discard.
- Put the eggplant in a food processor and add lemon juice, garlic, tahini, a pinch of salt and process.
- Add David's Za'atar Rub and process.
- Serve with pita, pita chips or veggies.
- Refrigerate for up to a week.