Alginate de Sodium LV 454 g Texturestar
Sodium Alginate is extracted from brown seaweed. Sodium Alginate is an algae-extracted gelling agent used with calcium chloride to create spherification in the modernist kitchen. It easily disperses and gels in any temperature liquid and is also used as a thickening and anti-settling agent in ice creams, yogurt, cream, cheese and salad dressings.
- ONE QUALITY INGREDIENT – Our Sodium Alginate (LV) powder has just one ingredient: Sodium Alginate LV. This makes it so that you can be confident that there are no preservatives or extra ingredients that you didn’t sign up for. Vegan and vegetarian friendly.
- THICKEN AND EMULSIFY – Sodium Alginate acts as a thickener and emulsifier for salad dressings, pudding, jam, tomato juice, and countless canned products. It’s also a hydration agent for noodles, bread, and cool or frozen products.
- STABILIZE – When combined with milk it forms a gel, so it’s quite popular in making low fat ice creams. It’s also often used to stabilize yogurts, creams, and even cheese!
- MOLECULAR GASTRONOMY – Sodium Alginate is commonly combined with calcium lactate or calcium chloride as a key ingredient in the spherification process - the process of shaping liquids into squishy spheres, which visually and texturally resemble roe.
- USAGE – Sodium Alginate is extracted from brown seaweed, and In the presence of calcium and acid mediums, it forms resilient gels. It is a cold gelling agent that needs no heat to gel.