Anis Etoilé 50 g Epicureal
L'Anis Étoilé remporte la palme de l'épice la plus jolie. Native de Chine et du Vietnam, l'anis étoilé est le fruit d'un magnolia, et est cultivé presque exclusivement dans le sud de la Chine, en Indochine et au Japon. Il possède une saveur puissante d'anis à l'arôme rappelant la réglisse. Il est excellent dans les casseroles mijotées longuement. Il est aussi utilisé pour aromatiser les boissons alcoolisées telles que le pastis.
- TASTES AS GREAT AS IT LOOKS – Star Anise is undisputedly the prettiest spice of them all. Native to China and Vietnam, star anise is the fruit of an evergreen magnolia tree and is grown almost exclusively in southern China, Indo-China, and Japan.
- FLAVOUR AND AROMA – Star Anise has a very strong and distinctive anise flavour. It has a licorice-like aroma with hints of sweet and spicy. With the flavour being so strong, it is best used in small quantities. A little goes a long way, perfect for savory cooking.
- USAGE – Excellent in slow-cooking casseroles. Star Anise is used to flavour alcoholic drinks such as pastis or gin & tonic. It pairs well with many savoury dishes, citrus, onions, poultry, beef and ginger. Star Anise can also be used in tea, soup and baked goods such as cookies and cakes.
- COOKING WITH STAR ANISE – Star Anise is used to season much like your traditional spices. It can be used to simmer in sauces, marinades and soups, just remove the whole spice before serving or at the end of cooking. As Star Anise has a strong flavour, add a little towards the end to avoid overwhelming the other ingredients.
- BENEFITS – Star Anise has been used both as a spice and for medicinal purposes for many years. Rooted in Chinese medicine and more recently used in western medicine. It is used to ease congestion and common cold symptoms by simply adding to tea. Star Anise is rich in vitamins and antioxidants and can aid in improving digestion.