Arborio Rice 5 kg Epigrain
Loved for its creamy texture, arborio rice is best known for its use in risotto. This Italian superfino rice is a short-grain rice with a high level of starch. When you cook with it, make sure you don’t rinse it like you would with other types of rice because you need to keep the full starch content.
As it cooks, the starch is released from the grains and a firm, creamy and slightly chewy rice is the result. Its high starch level also helps it absorb whichever flavours you cook it with. To ensure the arborio rice stays creamy, add hot liquid a little at a time so that it can absorb it slowly.
As well as enjoying a creamy bowl of risotto, you can use arborio rice for a host of other dishes that benefit from a creamy rice. Use it as an alternative to paella rice, cook some arancini with it or add it to your minestrone soup. Cook it so that it is al dente to enjoy it at its best. Not just a good ingredient for your dinner, it can be used for porridge at breakfast time or as the popular dessert of creamy rice pudding.
Same Day Shipping
This combination does not exist.
- FIRM & CREAMY – This rounded short-grain rice is chewy, firm, and turns creamy once it is cooked due to its higher amount of amylopectin starch. It is perfect for making a creamy risotto dish.
- BLENDS WELL – This rice blends well with other flavours and has quite a starchy taste over other types of rice that we find in stores and markets.
- USAGE IDEAS - Rice pilaf, rice puddings, arancini and paella are all dishes that work well with this rice. Risotto is famously made with this type of rice. You can create a variety of mouth-watering dishes with arborio rice - including savoury and sweet meals.
- VERSATILE - Whether you want to make a soup or stew or a paella or risotto meatballs, you can do so much with Arborio Epigrain Rice. It is a flexible type of rice and can be added to both sweet and savoury dishes.
- SOAKS UP JUICES - The great thing about this rice is that if you throw it into a paella or minestrone soup, it soaks up the chicken juices and stock unlike any long-grain rice can. It offers more flavour with each and every bite.