Wheat Berries 1 kg Epigrain
Sweet, nutty and delightfully chewy, Wheat berries also known as Soft Wheat Kernels are a versatile whole grain, full of vitamins and fiber. They are wonderful in salads with dried fruit and toasted nuts such as pecan and apricots. Wheat Berries make a delicious pilaf-style side dish combined with roasted root vegetables or brussel sprouts and make a flavourful filling for stuffed peppers.
Whole wheat kernels Contains wheat & gluten.
- PREMIUM SOFT WHEAT KERNELS – Soft Wheat Kernels are commonly known as Wheat Berries. They are very versatile and a whole grain that contains essential vitamins and fiber.
- PREPARE PERFECT WHEAT BERRIES – Add a satisfying bite and bulk to breakfast! Place wheat berries in a bowl and cover with water. Soak up to 12 hours and drain. Combine berries with 1.5 cups water, and a pinch of salt in a saucepan over high. Bring to a boil, cover, and reduce heat to medium. Cook until tender - 35 to 45 minutes. Remove from heat and steam for 15 minutes. Drain excess liquid. Enjoy!
- A VERSATILE WHOLE GRAIN – Soft Wheat Kernels can be used in a wide variety of dishes. It can be used as a substitute for rice, in bread making and even as a topping on your favourite salad. Create a pilaf style dish and try using soft wheat kernels for a tasty filling in your stuffed peppers.
- HEALTH BENEFITS – Soft Wheat Kernels are a powerful ingredient. They’re packed with nutrients, flavour and a wonderful addition to boost your healthy diet. Excellent for bones and muscles, wheat kernels contain magnesium and vitamin E. Not to mention they’re high in both fiber and protein.
- FLAVOUR – you’ll be delighted by the sweet and nutty flavour of Soft Wheat Kernels. The flavour is mild but earthy. You’ll taste a slight bite from the chewiness of the kernels.
COOKING INSTRUCTIONS: Use 1 part wheat kernels to 2 parts water. Bring water to a boil. Stirring, pour grain in slowly. Let water boil again, then turn the heat down to the lowest setting. Cook for about 1 - 2 hours. If you soak the grains overnight, the cooking time will be reduced to 30 - 45 minutes.