Buckwheat Groats 5 lbs Epigrain
A naturally gluten-free seed, unrelated to wheat, that is versatile for cooking and baking. Buckwheat Groats are the hulled seeds of the flowering buckwheat plant and have a pleasant grassy flavour with a slightly bitter finish that's improved by toasting. Also called kasha, it has a low glycemic index and is full of fibre. It's used in classic Eastern European dishes like Kasha Varnishkes and knishes. Cook it like porridge for breakfast. Makes a unique and delicious pilaf with mushrooms or as a substitute for bulgur in tabbouleh salad.
- ONE QUALITY INGREDIENT – Our buckwheat groats only have one ingredient: buckwheat groats. This makes it so that you can be confident that there are no preservatives/additives or extra ingredients that you didn’t sign up for. Vegan and vegetarian friendly.
- A NATURALLY GLUTEN-FREE SEED – Although it may have “wheat” in the name, buckwheat groats are actually not even a grain, they’re a type of seed. However, they cook like other common grains, and so a gluten sensitive person can enjoy that experience as others do.
- TASTY AND NUTRITIOUS – With a deliciously nutty flavor and tender texture, buckwheat groats also boasts for itself a host of health benefits. These include being rich in magnesium, copper, iron, fiber and manganese, being low calorie, being free of cholesterol and sodium and having a low glycemic index.
- HIGH IN PROTEIN – Buckwheat groats are very high in protein, making it an ideal part of a vegan/vegetarian’s diet. With its other health benefits, there’s no reason not to include this ancient seed in your diet.
- USAGES – Its plethora of uses include: rice substitute for soups and salads, use to make porridge, granola bars, vegan stews, delicious pilafs, substitute it for bulgur… the limits end with your imagination!