Black Barley 1 kg Epigrain
Wholesome and hearty and makes a striking presentation in any dish, Whole Black Barley has a deep mahogany colour when cooked with a firm, chewy texture and pleasing nutty flavour. Originally from Ethiopia this whole grain is very nutritious. Whole Black Barley makes a delicious pilaf when combined with roasted root vegetables. It makes a striking presentation when combined with rice in an Asian-inspired salad with edamame, snow pea shoots, pickled ginger, and sesame oil vinaigrette.
- PRESENTATION – Black Barley makes for a wholesome and hearty presentation perfect for any occasion. It has a deep mahogany colour when it is cooked with a firm. Prepare your next dish with Black Barley to create a striking visual appeal.
- TASTE & TEXTURE – Not only in Black Barley visually appealing, it has a pleasing nutty flavour and a slight chewy texture. It is a grain that is a part of history and is known and cherished for its deeply satisfying nutty taste.
- FIBER PACKED – Black Barley makes for an excellent addition to many dishes. Because of its soluble fibres, it promotes the feeling of fullness and reduced hunger. Add to your hot cereal in the morning to tie you over until lunch. Having a long work day? Make sure to include black barley in your salad to get you through the day.
- NUTRITIOUS – Our wholesome Black Barley is rich with many beneficial nutrients. Some of the key health benefits include improved digestion, and overall heart health. Packed with vitamins, minerals and many beneficial compounds, Black Barley is an ingredient you won’t want to be without.
- USAGE – Black Barley is a versatile whole grain. It makes a delicious pilaf when combined with roasted root vegetables and can be combined with rice in an Asian inspired salad. Include edamame, snow peas shoots, pickled ginger, and sesame oil vinaigrette. Black barley can be added to soups, stews, cereals and more!
How to cook Black Barley? In a pot, boil 1 cup black barley and 3 cups of water. Cover and simmer for approximately 50 minute or until liquid is absorbed. Drain any excess water. Cover and simmer until about 50 minutes or until liquid is absorbed. Drain any excess water.