Freekeh (Cracked) 1 kg Epigrain
Watch out quinoa, there’s a new grain on the block. Cracked Freekeh is an ancient Arabic grain which is harvested young and then roasted, giving it a subtle wheat flavour with grassy notes and a texture similar to bulgur. It’s great in a tabouleh salad or an excellent option as your simple dinner side dish. You can also add dried fruit and nuts and serve warm for a cozy and nutritious breakfast. This grain is an excellent source of protein, with four times the fibre of similar ones, and a low glycemic index.
Wheat berries. Contains wheat.
- WHAT IS FREEKEH? – Freekeh is essentially wheat that has been harvested early, while the grains are still tender and green. The kernels are then parched, roasted, dried and rubbed.
- EASY TO PREPARE – Cooking freekeh is just like cooking quinoa and many other grains. You combine freekeh with water (and sometimes a bit of optional salt) in a saucepan, bring it to a boil, then cover it and allow it to simmer. Easy, right?!
- NUTRITIONAL INFORMATION – Freekeh is high in vitamins and minerals, and in both fiber and protein. In fact, freekeh has notably more fiber than both brown rice and quinoa!
- USAGE IDEAS – Freekeh works beautifully in plenty of dishes. It’s delicious in casseroles, soups, pilafs and salads. You can also try it for breakfast as a hot cereal or as a parfait that’s layered with yogurt and fruit in the same way you might eat granola or oats.
- Freekeh Chickpea and Herb Salad In a large bowl, combine freekeh, chopped herbs, celery, scallions and chickpeas and toss together. In a small bowl, whisk together lemon juice, cumin, garlic, salt and olive oil; toss with salad. Taste and add more lemon juice if desired. Serve right away or let sit for up to 1 hour before serving.
Suggested For You
Suggested products will appear in this section.
Once the user has seen at least one product this snippet will be visible.
GET WHOLESALE PRICING
You deserve a gourmet food supplier that brings you innovative new ingredients from across the globe. Ingredients that create great food exeriences, make you a destination, and increase your sales. As an importer and distributor we have access to leading edge, one-of-a-kind ingredients at the best prices.