De Arbol Chiles Whole - 40 g 24K
The Chile de árbol is a small and potent Mexican chile pepper also known as bird's beak chile. It’s a member of the cayenne family with it’s vibrant, bright red color and pointed shape. It’s a bold addition to sauces and will add heat when thrown into any dish like tacos, chili, or your very own homemade hot sauce!
De arbol chillies.
- WHOLE DE ARBOL CHILES – Also known as Tree Chili, Bird’s Beak Chile, and Rat’s Tail Chile, these small and thin mexican peppers are potent and pack some real heat, coming in between 15,000 and 30,000 on the scoville heat scale.
- COOKING WITH CHILE DE ARBOL – These chiles are derived from the cayenne pepper, and can be traded with cayenne or pequin peppers when cooking. They’re very hot so ensure you wash your hands after handling them.
- ADD SOME HEAT – De Arbol Chillies can be used in countless dishes to add both heat and spice. Chili, Salsa, Tacos, Hot Sauces, and Stews are some of these peppers common uses. They have a smoky, nutty flavour that can be further enhanced by toasting.
- DRIED CHILE DE ARBOL PEPPERS – Easily incorporate these chili peppers into your meals by grinding into a fine chili powder, or crushing into flakes to use as a seasoning/condiment. Rehydrate them by soaking in hot water for 20 minutes until they are soft for use in salsas or sauces.
- CHILE DE ARBOL SALSA – For a spicy treat, toat chiles in in a dry pan for 1-2 minutes, then boil in hot water with garlic cloves, white onion, tomatoes, and tomatillos. Once cool, pure with cilantro until smooth then enjoy!