Coriander Whole 240 g Royal Command
Coriander is one of the oldest herbs and spices on record. Small, round, wheat-coloured seed with a highly aromatic flavour and an aroma that is warm, Coriander is nutty and spicy with some citrus notes. Coriander is one of the essential spices in Indian garam masala and along with cumin, coriander forms one of the cornerstone spices in Indian cooking. Coriander seed is an important ingredient in the generic pickling spice used to preserve and is also used in brines for curing meats.
- WHOLE CORIANDER SEEDS – If you love cilantro, you love coriander. Coriander is the dried seed of cilantro, which has been freshly packaged in a large convenient spice shaker
- FLAVOUR PROFILE – Whole coriander has a highly aromatic flavour and aroma that is warm, nutty, and spicy with some citrus notes and pairs well with allspice, cinnamon, cumin, garlic, and nutmeg. Whole coriander is packed with flavor letting you release the flavor by grinding yourself or including the whole spice into a pickling mix or other culinary creation.
- ESSENTIAL INDIAN SPICE – Coriander is one of the essential spices in Indian garam masala and, along with cumin, coriander forms one of the cornerstone spices in Indian cooking. Ground coriander is used in Indian dals and curries, is excellent in spice rubs for grilled pork or chicken and also makes a wonderful addition to a carrot soup.
- USAGE IDEAS – Create Indian spiced eggplant steaks, or use coriander to spice up potatoes. From lamb to pork to chicken, there’s not a meat coriander can’t improve - especially in a slow braise. It also pairs well with fruits and vegetables. Apples, ginger, onions and many vegetables are livened up by the spice.
- BAKING WITH CORIANDER – Coriander can be used to brighten and deepen buttery flavours, perfect for enhancing cookies, crumbles, and dessert sauces. Add a sweet spicy touch to apple pies, fruit cake, tea breads, and even hot chocolate!