Chilli Mild Threads Dry 15 g YOSHI
Beautiful red threads of chilli are a traditional Korean flavouring and garnish. Dry Mild Chilli Threads are two to three inches long and are reddish brown with a mild heat and a smoky, grassy flavour. Known as sil-kochu in Korea. Lightly toasting the chilli threads brings out the flavour and aroma. Traditionally used in the preparation of kimchi or as a garnish on ramen. They're also used to flavour soups and stews. They make a beautiful garnish on seafood ceviche or with steamed mussels.
- A BEAUTIFUL GARNISH – Finish your Korean inspired dish off with a bang by including Chili Threads on the plate! Served on top of soups, seafood ceviche, alongside mussels, or even on top of ramen, they’ll increase the visual appeal of your dish, as well as add a burst of delicious flavour and mild heat.
- TRADITIONAL KOREAN FLAVOURING – These beautiful thin red threads of dried chilli pepper are a traditional korean flavouring and garnish. These mild chilli threads are two to three inches long, reddish brown, with a mild heat and a smoky, grassy flavour.
- PREMIUM QUALITY AND AFFORDABLE – Yoshi strives to provide the highest quality products possible at a fair price. With our Chilli Threads, you can stay on budget and know you’re not compromising on quality.
- USAGE IDEAS – The threads can simply be used as is, toasted, or rehydrated. Because our chilli threads are so pliable they can be used as a visually spectacular garnish while also providing a touch of heat. When gently toasted in a dry skillet the flavour is enhanced - You’ll only need to toast them over medium heat for about 1 minute.
- OTHER IDEAS – Soaking these mild Chilli Threads in water for about 15 minutes will soften them and give a feathery appearance. As a garnish, the dried threads can simply just be placed, or sprinkled, over a finished dish. They work particularly well in soups and rice dishes, and even in mashed potatoes.