Lentils Beluga 750 g Epicureal
Shiny black in colour and easy to cook. They cook quickly and are higher in amino acids than French, green or red lentils. It requires no pre-soaking with a firm, low-starch texture, and nutty, earthy flavour. Used in cooking in much the same manner as Lentils du Puy. They make for a spectacular presentation when used as an accompaniment to cooked salmon or pan seared scallops. Superb in a salads with roasted red and yellow peppers or used as a garnish for cream of tomato soup.
black beluga lentils.
- PREMIUM QUALITY – This 750g resealable bag of Heart Healthy Black Beluga Lentils is the perfect addition to your pantry to add a nutrient dense addition to many meals. Grown & produced in Canada, you can ensure you’re getting only the finest of quality lentil.
- NO PRE SOAKING REQUIRED – These Black Beluga Lentils cook quickly and require no pre-soaking. Simply simmer 1 cup of lentils in 4 cups of water for 12 minutes for salads, or 20 to 30 minutes for main dishes. Skim the water while cooking, 1 cup of our lentils dry yields two cups cooked.
- HEALTH BENEFITS – Rich in iron, folate and protein these Black Beluga Lentils are a true superfood. They have more amino acids then french, green or red lentils. Just 1 half cup cooked Black Beluga Lentils have 12g protein and 9g of health fiber.
- ALTERNATIVE DIET COMPATIBILITY – Black Beluga Lentils are a quick and easy way for vegetarian and vegan diets to get protein and a good source of fiber for people who are on a gluten free or GMO free diet.
- USAGE IDEAS – Black beluga Lentils make for a spectacular dish when used as an accompaniment to cooked salmon or pan seared scallops. They’re superb in a cold vegetable salad, and with roasted red and yellow peppers, or even used as a garnish for cream of tomato soup.
COOKING INSTRUCTIONS: Rinse 1 cup of lentils. In a pot, add the lentils and 4 cups of water and bring it to a boil. Reduce heat to a simmer, cover and cook until tender. Approximately 20 - 25 minutes. Drain before use.